In one month he got hired as a Firefighter, moved into a new apartment and got married. Those are kind of big things and I think his head is still reeling from the change.
We have been together for about two years (even the times we weren't together we wished we were) and I feel like I know this guy pretty well. Now that we are married I don't think I've learned anything I didn't know about him. Even though life has been flipped upside down, it's a nice change.
Things that are different:
- I used to not put as much effort into my appearance when I knew I wasn't going to see Adam that day, but now I try a little harder so he doesn't get scared off.
- Cooking for two. It's a bit harder than I thought, especially since he eats about 3x as much as I do. We are developing a taste for Macaroni and Spam. Thankfully his mother likes to have us over for Sunday dinner and usually sends us home with leftovers.
- I now have someone who is my default go-to for social events (even though he kind of was before, but now he has a harder time getting out of it).
- I no longer have to kill bugs myself, unless Adam is at work or the perpetrator is moving fast to a hiding place.
- For a while, sleeping was weird because I would frequently wake up in the middle of the night and be startled by the fact that there was a person in my bed. Also, he snores sometimes, but I got used to that pretty fast.
- I still have the same job although now it's a little harder to leave for work when I know my best friend will be home all day.
- My longing for a cat is still burning strong, despite the fact that Adam is allergic and the chances of me getting one are slim to none.
- We still watch a ton of movies/shows together. That is probably one of our favorite things to do (and it's free). We are currently watching The Office together and finding any excuse to have a "movie night".
- I'm actually having a hard time coming up with anything else. I had a ton of ideas this morning as I was going over this in my head. Sorry.