June 03, 2011

That Hungry Short Girl

   I don't really have a problem with my size, but some days I fantasize about being 5'9" will long legs and elegant features.  Heck, I'd settle for 5'5 and a smaller nose!  Another thing about my size (thankfully, I'm over 5') is that people tend to think I'm younger than I actually am, and I believe they tend to take me less seriously.
 
   So at work, I'm the new girl, and trying to find my little place is hard.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to act exactly.  My last job was cake since I was the only English speaker, therefore I partially dominated.  New job?  I think they see me as The Short Hungry Girl.  I'm definitely the youngest (I'll be pushing 19 soon, woot!), and most definitely the smallest.  Everyone else is either married or has been married; some even have kids close to my age.  Not to be all sobby, but I feel very unqualified.  I haven't been breathing as long as they have; you could say I'm still "wet behind the ears".

    Oh, to explain the 'Hungry' part of my title.  I don't know about the rest of the human race, but I find it harder to work while I'm hungry, so I prefer to have food nearby so I don't start chewing on the desk.  I started taking my lunch breaks at Safeway, stocking up on pop-tarts, pb&j, and Ritz.  A whole lot of Ritz.

    Nancy (my motherly co-worker), now sees me as the girl that will eat anything with sugar in it.  That's not entirely true, but I wont outright deny it.  She brings in things her own daughter wont eat (i.e. granola bars, toaster stroodles), because she knows that I'll eat them for her.  A nice gesture, but I feel misunderstood.

    I'm pretty sure no one here takes me seriously.  I'm the girl who sends the fax and puts the postage on your letters... and is hungry 24/7.  That's another thing, I'm going to have to start getting active if I want to keep my girlish figure.  I don't want to get what my dad likes to call "Office-Butt".  Don't tell me you don't know what that means; we've all seen it (or have it).
 
New goals:

  • Become respected and feared!  ...okay, respected.
  • Find a way to get active (like a sport or actually use my gym membership).
  • Buy healthier food to keep around the office.
  • Ween myself off of Pop-Tarts and Ramen.
  • Turn 19. (Hey, I want to be able to meet at least 1 of my goals).
  • Kiss my boyfriend. (Okay, there's 2).
  • Convince others to write down their own goals.
(Really, you should.  It's very helpful and I've always heard it's only a wish until it's written down.)

*whew* That was a good blogging session, I believe.  I'm going to go get a cookie to celebrate.

Till next time!  Peace.



                 

1 comment: