August 26, 2011

Sniffing and Hummus

It's Friday again. Huzzah. Normally I would be more excited, but the fact that I didn't get to shower today puts a damper on the festive-ness.. I woke up 25 minutes before I had to leave for work which is around the length of a normal shower for me. So I looked in the mirror for a few minutes and contemplated the best way to salvage my bed-head. It didn't take too long to make my hair look decent, but the yucky unwashed feeling doesn't go away with just a washcloth bath.

The 2nd best part about Friday, (1st being the fact that it's the last workday of the week) is that it just so happens to be Casual Friday. My one true love. Besides cats... and lizards... and my fish... and books, etc. But today I had to ruin it by taking forever to get dressed. How I can do that when it's as simple as throwing on jeans and a t-shirt, I have no idea, but for some reason I was being a dinkus and didn't think the outfits "worked". So I feel very badly dressed. Darn you, Haley. Darn you.

Luckily today was busy enough to keep me occupied and there is a nice background sound of my coworkers on the phones or in the conference room. I't better than complete silence where they can hear me yelling at my emails and every sniffle or sneeze I make (yes, I'm sick).

Oh! Do you want to know how I got sick? I'll tell you anyway. Ariel, Mom and I went to Thai Basil, a wonderful restaurant where Ariel always gets the Tofu Pad Thai and I always get the Chicken Yellow Curry. So there we were, chatting and waiting for the waiter.. haha waiting for the waiter. Anyway, we noticed he had a stuffy nose and would wipe his snots on his hand and proceed to bring the food to other patron's tables. Mom warned us to use hand sanitizer. Now that I think of it, I probably deserve it because my thought then was: Psh, I never get sick! I'm as resilient as an ox!!

*sniff*

Serves me right. But, to redeem my hygienically challenged day, myself, Ariel, my Aunt Karen, and my Mom are planning on going to Pita Jungle for dinner. One of my all time favorite places to eat!! I always get the same thing though: Cilantro jalapeno hummus, a pita crisp, and a strawberry banana smoothie. :) This makes me happy.

You know what else makes me happy? Art!
So check out Moni's Deviant Art Gallery!!



No comments:

Post a Comment