October 04, 2011

Males, You Have Been Warned

Boys are dumb. This a simple truth that we can all rely on. We can also rely on the fact that no matter how dumb they are, we (the female gender) still need them. The other night I was trying to open a jar and after about 5 minutes of twisting and smacking it on the table, I gave up and made macaroni instead. At that moment my thought was "This is a job for a man", however, there were no men to be found. As I sat and ate my macaroni I read (reread) my favorite book, The Hunger Games. Yes, I know that book is supposed to be about a strong female character and revolution against a corrupt society, but I couldn't help but smile and make an audible "awwww" sound when *spoiler alert* Peeta professes his love for Katniss and although she thinks he's only doing it for show, I knew the depth of his love for her. He loves her so much in fact, that he is willing to try his hardest and provide her with as many advantages as possible to help her win the Hunger Games, even if it means his own death.

*Sigh* What a selfless, romantic man. Sometimes I think that I want a man like that (and I do) but I am a delusional realist so instead of going out to find such a man, I buy as many "underlying love story" books as possible, throwing myself into that fantasy world whenever possible to experience that kind of emotion without putting forth any effort and never having to worry about rejection or commitment since all I need to do is open a book and close it again when I've had enough.

Sadly, I think I just psychoanalyzed myself. :S

Warning To All Males:  I have issues.

Did I mention that I am going to write a novel? I don't want to, I will. I have several ideas in fact and a few of them I am seriously outlining and developing characters and plot as we speak. The amount of time I spend developing one character amazes me. Once I get a story idea, very little else occupies my thoughts. I spend every free second that I'm not focused on something to envision the story, put the characters in different scenarios and create the world they live in. Also I layout the preview of the movie in my brain. I get a little ahead of myself sometimes. Despite the rampant story ideas, I've got about as much motivation as Britney Spears has talent. Ooooo. That's right. I went there.



Art Feature!
Check out Phoenixlu's Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment