February 13, 2012

Fancy Is Not My Forte

Since Valentine's Day is on a Tuesday this year, Rich and I thought it would be best to celebrate on Saturday. That morning we went to the Arizona Renaissance Fair (one of my all time favorite things) and I got to stare in awe and envy at all the amazing costumes. Someday I will have a costume of my own.

After I went home and freshened up, Rich took me to where we had our first date: Golf-land. I'm happy to say it didn't have that first date "charm" to it. Afterwards we headed to Scottsdale/Phoenix to go to Bistro 24, a supposedly fancy restaurant, the kind you get reservations for. I was a little nervous because I don't go to fancy places on the regular. I'm more of a "Olive Garden Fancy" which is, you know, not that fancy. Before we left I told him I was okay with going somewhere else, somewhere cheaper. Maybe Cheesecake Factory or even Taco Bell. We took off for Bistro 24 anyway. When we got there we realized it was valet parking only so we parked across the street. I was starting to get nervous and then had a minor breakdown. I told him I couldn't go in there, I felt like an impostor, blah blah, not fancy enough, etc. Then we realized that right behind us in that parking lot was a Cheesecake Factory. I believe it was heaven sent.

I'd like to make note that Rich still gets all the cool points he would have gotten just because he was willing to take me to Bistro 24 and pay whatever it cost. Even though we ended up at a slightly less fancy place, at least it wasn't Olive Garden Fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment