February 01, 2012

Red-Shoe Rescuer

I'm so thankful that I have a convertible. Last night I was taking Sir Richard to his place when we realized that we had forgot his bike back at work. Fortunately I was able to put the top down and then wedge the bike into my tiny backseat. I'm sure we looking nothing less than ridiculous with a bike sticking way out of my car, flying down the freeway, me wearing my Russian hat and Rich wearing his baby blue helmet. Some nights are just pure fun.

This morning I had another adventure. I was just putting the finishing touches on my makeup when my Aunt Becky comes in and tells me my Uncle John ran out of gas on the freeway and she still had a couple piano lessons to teach. I quickly got dressed and headed out to fill my gas can (which I bought a while ago because I have run out of gas many times). 

I cannot tell you how good it felt to be the rescuer, not the rescue-ee. It's nice not being the damsel in distress from time to time. I pulled over on the side of the freeway and made my way over to John's car, gas can in hand, hair blowing in the wind, red high heels blazing. 

I felt so cool.

Now I'm just back to normal Haley, sitting at my desk at the office, waiting for the next distress signal so I can throw on my cape and go save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment