March 19, 2012

Accomplished, But Not In All Areas

My Weekend:

  • Slept in
  • Planted a garden
  • Lunch with my sister
  • Relocated an extra car
  • Fixed both my burnt out headlights (by myself)
  • Drew 3 pictures of my characters
  • Worked out Friday and Saturday
  • Dyed my sister's hair
  • Was pretty social at church
I must say that was one of the most productive weekends I've had in a very long time. I was excited to get so much done and I figured I would sleep very well on Sunday night but alas, I spend the night wide awake thinking of only the most random of things. I may be able to blame my rock hard bed (I've learned that just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's good) but it's probably just my brain's fault. 

New and exciting things to come: I'm flying over to South Dakota to visit my oldest sister, Sunny, my favorite brother-in-law, Nate, and my brand new niece, Claire! It will be a nice break from work and I'll be able to see my more distant family (Mom is coming with me too so that will be tons of fun). 

In other not so exciting news: I tried my first attempt in flirting the other day. In my defense, I'd like to point out that I'm really really out of practice. I didn't do it because I thought I'd get a date out of it, but because I was curious if I had any skills at all. The conversation went like this:

Ace Cashier: So, how are you today?
Me, purchasing a lock: Pretty good.
AC: That's good. What are you locking up?
Me: Gym clothes. I'm heading out to the gym and I didn't want to leave them unlocked. 
(Attempting and failing at the card swiper)
AC: Uh, it doesn't tell you, but you have to sign first.
Me: Oh, that sneaky thing! (Did I really just say that?)
AC: Yeah, it pulled a fast one on you. 
Me: ... uh, have a good day.
AC: You too.

I said I attempted, not succeeded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment