April 02, 2012

Pretend This Is A Witty Title

A very uneventful weekend but that was what I've been craving for a while. I am looking forward to this next weekend, starting Thursday actually. My mother will be flying down from Washington that day so my sister and  I are going to take her to see the Easter Pageant which is a huge thing and very very good (I went last year). Then on Friday, my mother and I will board a plane and fly out to South Dakota, home of Mt. Rushmore and my brand new niece, Claire! My oldest sister Sunny and her husband Nate moved out there after they got married which stinks because they are both my favorite people. I believe baby Claire is about 8 weeks old now. I'll admit, I'm not a baby fan in the slightest. I guess they are kind of cute but they don't hold much interest for me. Claire, however, is the cutest baby of them all and I can't wait till she gets old enough that I won't be terrified of breaking her if I hold her!


So very excited.

I would update you on my dating life, but since there is hardly any content I will just say I have in fact been on a date in last few days. Two, actually! And if you know me at all, you will know that is a major improvement from my very date-free single life. My new goal is to actually date and to stay away from obtaining a "boyfriend". So if you are an interested single man reading this (interested, ha!) then be warned that I will not be your girlfriend. I will just be a date. For now. (Unless you are the reincarnation of Clark Gable, then frankly my dear, I wouldn't give a darn!)

I'm hoping that since I'm in a single's ward now, that will help out with meeting new people but I'm probably not helping myself with the fact that I abstain from going to activities or mustering up the courage to make eye contact with these people. *sigh* I may be looking at a spinsters life with my pet cats, but that doesn't sound too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment