June 14, 2012

In Which I Start Another Project

I'm sitting here at the office drinking my mug of hot chocolate and I laugh a little to myself. I'm in Arizona, in the middle of June, and I'm wearing all black drinking a hot beverage. It's mostly for comfort I guess, and the fact that I love chocolate. As for the black outfit, I've decided I want to branch out in what I wear. My boss has commented multiple times on how I'm always wearing black. Which is true. It's my fail-safe.

Now I've spent the last half hour looking at new style ideas online; mostly bloggers and pinterest. I've also decided I want to make my outfits more modest, which is a standard in my church: skirts at knee length, no short-shorts, shoulders, back and tummy covered. The hard part is it's summer in Arizona and I do not want to wear clothes. At all. I also have a "chest thing" going on (if you know what I mean) so It's hard to find stuff that will cover me completely with out wearing crew necks all the time (which I find uncomfortable).

So I've decided to enlist the help of my fashion savvy friend(s) and revamp my closet and do a little shopping and branching out of my comfort zone. I also want to see if I can go a whole week without wearing black, but that wont be till after I go shopping.

I feel this is going to be an extensive (and expensive) undertaking. Good thing I'm so rich!! (......) Naw, I'm just going to hit up Goodwill and other used clothing stores. It's amazing what you can find there.    

No comments:

Post a Comment