July 25, 2012

Are You More Feminine Than A Fifth Grader?

Today I decided to sleep through both my alarms and wake up ten minutes after I should have already left for work so today I have unshaven legs and an outfit on I'm sure I wore last week. I told myself that I would just braid my hair instead of the whole hair dryer/straightener thing but for some reason I spent way too much time trying out intricate braids I saw on Pinterest.

I thought it turned out pretty okay, 
but my hair isn't in super great condition to be in a braid. 

Anyway, I think I'm finally getting the hang of being a girl. If you would have had a conversation with 13 year old me with my anime t-shirts and fluffy hair, I would have told you all about how I never wanted to get married or fall in love, never wear pink or heels, never use lotion, and never bother with my hair. Now, six years later at age 20, I will tell you that I think about/plan my wedding in my head on a regular basis and can't wait to get married. I would also tell you I wear heels almost every day of the week and one pair is Barbie pink. I would tell you that I spent $50 dollars on a matching collection of perfume, body wash, and lotion at Bath & Body Works a couple weeks ago. I will also tell you that I put 20-30 minutes of time to my hair every day, even when I don't have work.

A lot of things can change in six years. I won't say that I'm overly girly but I've come to accept that fact that I am a female and I don't really want to change that. I do, quite often, don my sweats and Cannibal Corpse t-shirt and laze about playing Warcraft and then go and find someone to punch for a while (true story), but for the most part I'm pretty well groomed.

Anyway, my outfit is really cute today and I'm also really bored at work. I will probably do some work on my stories or space out for a while so my dizziness can subside. After work today I will be heading to Adam's gym to see if I like it better than mine, and later he will check out mine and then we can make a decision on which one to keep because it'll be super fun to work out together and now we will both have a spotter for those heavier lifts. I'm super excited to get back in the gym because boys can be very distracting at times. Now he can distract me at the gym. Let's hope he still likes me when I'm all gross and sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment