July 09, 2012

I Need A Vacation From My Vacation

Yes, I am still alive. It feels weird being gone for so long after taking a nine day vacation which turned out to be more work than being at the office. I planned my days just right so I had two weekends and one full work week off, which sounded great at the time. So I spent the weekend playing like I usually do and then flew out to Washington to visit home. Through a series of unfortunate events, I had a dear cousin who passed away right before I left so I made it home in time for the funeral.

So my relaxation vacation turned into birthday party planning, scheduling time to meet up with old friends, a trip to Seattle for a funeral, and a sooner than expected wedding. I must say, I'm pretty excited to get back to my old routine, just relax and work my normal hours at work. I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation, but that's not going to happen till Christmas.

I was talking with the boy last night (who met my parents for the first time this weekend) and we decided that today after work we are going to do nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean flop on the couch watching movies and eating Chinese takeout. You have no idea how excited I am to do this. Thankfully the boy Adam (he finally has a name!!!) likes to be just as lazy as me after a hard days work.



Now it's time to get back into the regular flow of life for a while.
The next post will have trip pictures, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment