January 04, 2014

Secret Rats

It's been way too long since the last time I posted anything, but today I actually have a story to share. 

Yesterday at my office, a rather swanky law firm, I was speaking with my coworker who occasionally sits at the reception desk. If you don't know, receptionists know everything that is happening in an office at all times. Anyway, she tells me that there is a Secret rat problem in the downstairs area and the owners of the firm are trying to keep it very hush hush. My first thought was "then why are you telling me?" 

The rest of the day as I walked around the office I heard hushed conversations about the Secret rat problem. It was the most widely known secret I've ever heard. 

Later, I received an email from my coworker telling me to come up to the front desk because she had more fun Secret rat news for me. Curious, I made my way up front to hear the latest. She informed me that the Secret rat had been located. He had camped out in a lady's desk drawer while she was out for the holidays. It had made a nest in the papers, eaten her beef jerky, and went potty in there a few times.

Two of the guys in our office who take care of things from fixing computers and light bulbs to taking out the shred bins, chased the rat out of the office and down the hall to someone else's office where they proceeded to kill the Secret rat. 

After the Secret news traveled around the office, another lady, who is big on animal rights, started sending hate mail to the rat killers. 

Exterminators were called to take care of any further rat issues. 

All in all, I think it was a pretty entertaining Friday at the office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment